Thursday, January 6, 2011

P52–Week1–January 1 to 7

My aim is to scrap the theme of parks and public gardens in and around New Zealand. I've done a 2 pager for this one, it's local and is Lee's favourite, we visit here every time I collect him after school.

Journaling reads:
Barry Curtis Park Flat Bush.
January 1 to 7
This week I was on Nanny duty. With it being the summer school holidays I always look forward to taking care of Lee for a few days. Today we decided to go to Lee’s favourite park. Not your usual park but a real adventure park made with active and energetic kids in mind. The climbing frame is a criss cross of what looks like big elastic bands, Lee loves climbing to the top.
The replica hide is a real draw card too, the kids love to scheme and plan their adventures here.
The Pukeko look alike are lovingly scrambled over and ridden and you can hardly tell the difference between the real flax and the metal and steel sculptures.  The rest of the family are not forgotten at this great park, with meandering walkways, cycle paths and a sense of peace and tranquillity amidst the bustle and scrabble of a busy emerging suburb.
Barry Curtis park has only been open to the public for about 12 months and already it’s very popular.

I used my A Walk In The Park Value Collection and Plastic Pocket Overlay 7 and Overlay 4.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love it Erica! What a fantastic park, and I love the kit, must check that out next!