Thursday, April 19, 2012

Addie’s Creations…

Kindergarten 1979

Wasn't I cute back in 1979?? More to the point, isn't this a great add-on-pack for Erica's Peaches and Sage page kit. You can earn this add-on pack for FREE just by playing along with my Lucky Double Dips Challenge!

Tyrant Lizard King

When I saw this T. Rex at the museum displayed in the centre of a dark room with all black and gold surrounding him, I thought immediately of royalty and how neat it would be to do a layout showing that. I hope I have captured that feeling. The text on the notepaper is a photo of the museum's description of the Tyrant Lizard King.
I used Royal Harvest Value Collection by Erica Belton, also available as Royal Harvest page kit and Royal Harvest 2 page kit to capture the royal essence of this mighty dinosaur. I did slightly adjust the colours of the papers to match my vision.

Jurassic Day

Pocket Full of Boy Value Collection by Erica Belton, also available as Pocket Full of Boy page kit, Pocket Full of Boy 2 page kit and Bubble Wrap Alpha Set made the perfect mood for these photos from our trip to the dinosaur museum. I love the colour scheme for boys!

Royal Tyrrell Museum

We took the boys to see the Dinos during Spring Break. They were sure excited, especially once we arrived in Drumheller and saw the dinosaurs on the street corners. We spent the night in the Jurassic Inn and ventured to the museum shortly after it opened in the morning. Jeremiah was quite unsure about venturing to close indoors even though he seemed OK outside. Darren had to carry him through the first section before he finally moved on his own. They both loved seeing T-Rex and Triceratops. In the gift shop, Sebastian chose a Woolly Mammoth figurine and Jeremiah a set of smaller dinos.
My first thought when looking at these photos from our trip to the dinosaur museum was to use a themed kit. Then I thought that perhaps something with strong colours might better work with the neutrals in most of the photos. I was right and Tasty Tangelo Value Collection by Erica Belton was the winning kit paired with 3 Plus 3 Equals - Double Page Quick Click by Erica Belton.

No comments: